Sunday, February 17, 2008

The Easy Child

Savannah continues to self potty train. I don't know how we got so lucky. She just tells us when she needs to go sometimes, and it's on her own from there! Tonight as I was getting her ready for bed, she told me she needed to use the potty. I got her on there and she waved bye bye at me and I took the hint. The next thing I know, I hear her saying, "I did it!" I came in to find her beaming with pride, as she had completed the task at hand. She gave me a high five and then moved her stool in front of the sink and asked to wash her hands.

If everything is coming this easy, I wonder what the next little girl will be like. Vanessa and I are complete opposites in some areas, but very similar in others. I'm hoping these two little girls are similar in their ease of learning new things! Savannah took right to sleeping in her own bed AND room after co-sleeping with us for two years. She started going pee pee in the potty all on her own. Same with the other function. I just can't get over how simple things are with her!

She's making friends at church. Her best friend at church is our music minister's daughter, who is only a couple months older than her. Today, they sat together at the lunch table and giggled and ate and had a good time. I love seeing her making friends so easy, especially after not being around other kids for a good bit of her first year. She's very social and I love it!

She makes me a proud mommy. :)

No comments: