Thursday, February 07, 2008

Who me? A girly girl?!

So, anyone who knew me back in my younger years knows I was most definitely NOT a girly girl. Even when Vanessa was pregnant with Grace, I swore up and down I would not buy that child a stitch of pink. I ABHORRED pink. I thought buying little girls pink things was so cliche and overdone.

Flash forward two years to when I'm pregnant with Savannah. I woke up one morning from a dream and immediately woke up Jerry. "Remember that sky themed, neutral nursery we had planned?" He nodded, blinking and rubbing his weary eyes. "Well, forget it. I'm dreaming about pink nurseries." Mind you, this was BEFORE we knew Savannah was going to be a little girl. Savannah ended up with a lavender nursery, but that's only because there was so much pink in the decorations and we didn't want it to look like a bubble gum factory exploded in there. Jerry also noticed that all the maternity clothes I was buying had pink in them in some form or another. It wasn't intentional! It just happened that way.

Well, now I love pink and I think I've officially become a girly girl. This was made quite obvious by my birthday gift and another recent purchase. I don't know what happened to me, other than the fact that I will soon be the mother of TWO little girls and I love everything about little girls. So it's only fitting that the mother of two little girls will be carrying around the following items:


No comments: